With or without chicken chunks
My recipe for making an eggplant stew. Traditionally a vegetarian dish. I added some chicken chunks because why not.
Eggplant, Onion, Tomato, Green Chilly, Red Chilly Powder, Salt, Olive Oil
- Pre-heat oven at 200 degree for 10 minutes.
- 1 eggplant
- 3-5 green chillies
- 1 onion
- 1-2 tomatoes
- Braise eggplant with oil and grill for 15-20 minutes.
- Grill without foil, if the eggplant skin gets black before 20 minutes, stop the grilling process.
- Take it out and add to cold water to cool it.
- Cut it in half, peel it and mash the pulp.
- In a pan, fry onion till golden brown, add tomato and salt.
- Cook till tomato is dry, then add chillies and red chilly powder, cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add the eggplant pulp, cook for a minute, add some water and cook till it is thick.
Additionally, you can add chicken chunks (fry them first) when you add eggplant pulp.
Eggplan stew is ready. Enjoy.