❤❤ Mutton (original) or Chicken ❤❤
, Rogan Josh is my second favorite food since childhood. Rogan Josh is part of the famous
I learned to cook Rogan Josh and I would love to share the recipe with you <3. The recipe is pretty similar to Yakhni recipe.
In this recipe, we will cook Chicken Rogan Josh, however, the original recipe uses mutton.
Chicken, Ghee (Clear Butter), Fennel Powder, Red Chilli Powder (Kashmiri Mirch recommended), Bay Leaf, Salt, Green Chilli, Clove, Star Anise, Cinnamon, Black/Big Cardamom, Curd, Kasoori Methi (Fenugreek).
- If the curd is too thick, add some water to it and mix it till it becomes creamy.
- Use 3-4 spoons of curd for 500-600 grams of chicken.
- Fry chicken (500-800 grams or more ;)) with a pinch (1/6 of tablespoon of and keep aside.
- In a pan, add the following:
- Oil of choice (Ghee is recommended), bring it to heat so it melts.
- 1 tablespoon fennel powder.
- 1 tablespoon salt (or to taste).
- 4-6 tablespoon red chilli powder. Kashmiri mirch (red chilli powder) is not spicy but brings a lot of color.
- 1 green chilly (Bird's eye chilli recommended) finely chopped.
- 1 clove, 1 star anise, 1 samll piece of cinnamon, 1 black cardamom, 1 bay leaf.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Add creamy curd and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add one cup of water and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add fried chicken in the pan and simmer for 7-10 minutes (or more).
- Add 2 tablespoon of kasoori methi for garnishing.
Rogan Josh is ready. It is ideally served with Rice. Enjoy.