Homemade tomato chilly sauce
My recipe for making tomato chilly sauce.
Tomato, Onion, Garlic, Chilly, Bay Leaf, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Red Chilly Powder
- 4-5 tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 10 chillies
- Some olive oil
- Take 4-5 tomatoes and take out the head/make an x mark at the bottom.
- Boil them, let them cool, and peel them.
- Once pealed, cut them in 4.
- Cut the onions, and garlic. Sauté them to soften them a bit.
- Add tomato onion, garlic and chillies and blend till it is smooth.
- Heat the sauce pan and add 1 table spoon of olive oil. Add 1 bay leaf, some pepper and cook for 30 seconds
- Add the purée to the pan and add salt to taste; Add 2 table spoon of red chilly powder.
- Add some water and cook for 45 min to 1 hour. Add more water if it becomes thick in the process.
Tomato chilly sauce is ready. Enjoy.